looking backwards 2- the dingle penninsula and more







        So if you visit Ireland, there are many beautiful areas where you can see the natural side of the island. Among those are the Dingle Peninsula, the Ring of Kerry, and Killarney National Park. The Ring of Kerry is a long, scenic drive that boasts some of Ireland's best views, and there are plenty of stops along the way to get out and take pictures. The top picture is in Killarney National Park, at the top of one of the mountains of Dunloe Gap. It was the second long hike I took with the International Society in February, and I wore my converse. I don't own any sort of hiking boots, and my converse were better than my traction-less gym sneakers. But they got incredibly muddy; they were just straight brown, instead of their original white.
        The second and third pictures are in Glendalough. Pronounced "Glen-da-loch", it means Valley of Two Lakes, and is home to a 15th century monastery, St Kevin's. I loved walking the cemetery around St Kevin's, and like I've said before, everything is so old. There was also a beautiful waterfall there and the lakes were gorgeous. 
        The church is a catholic church in Kilkenny, a town in the south central part of Ireland. I don't have tons of pictures from that trip, so I included it here.
       The last two pictures are from the drive through the Ring of Kerry. The road hugs a cliff, and you are treated to views of the ocean to the whole time. When my parents come to visit in a few weeks, we're hopefully going back to the Ring, and I'll take more/better pictures.
     Basically, Ireland has amazingly beautiful views everywhere, and you really can't go wrong. But if you only have a short time to visit and you're looking for nature, and maybe some hikes, Glendalough, the Ring of Kerry, and Killarney National Park are the ways to do it.
Peace out Boy Scouts-
Eden

Comments

Popular Posts