Dublin for St Patrick's Day








         Stephen, my now fiancee, flew in on St Patrick's Day, to spend the week with me. We ended up getting engaged that following Monday, but we met up in Dublin. It was a blast. We saw the parade, and stood in below freezing weather. The scarf that I'm wearing in one of the pictures was bought that day because I needed *something* to keep me a little warmer. When we kissed after not seeing each other in forever, neither of us could feel our lips. It's all part of the adventure, though. I loved that blue bridge in the first picture, and the shutters on the apartments across from it matched. The parade was wild, with awesome floats and people dressed up in crazy costumes. Since I was too short to see over the crowd, Stephen took all of the parade pictures. So apologies if they're not to par (sorry babe!). The other pictures were taken in Trinity College's Library, as part of the visit to see the Book of Kells. If you don't know, the Book of Kells is a super old manuscript copy of the first four gospels. It's a work of art, and I so wish you could take pictures of it, but alas.
      Stephen and I both wish we could have stayed longer in Dublin, but again, it was freezing, and he was exhausted from his flight. We did eat lunch at the delicious Italian place, because all the pubs were full of people celebrating in the way the Irish do, with copious amounts of drink. It was so fun, and we'll have to go again.
Peace out Boyscouts,
Eden

Comments

Popular Posts